Prime [unedited]

(Facebook)

Interview & Review

       With The Clash and The LA's as their influences, I knew I was in for an interesting band to review. Prime's music sound like the flow of some of the Cure and Edward Sharpe And The Magnetic Zeros songs, with Modest Mouse sort of different sounding vocals, and an overall beautiful madness kind of music. Now I will admit, I'm not too fond of 80's punk-pop sounding bands, but I find myself listening to Prime without a lot of the same kind of cringe I get when I listen to those kind of bands from that era. 
      When I interviewed Kieren and Lee I was outside in the pretty cold weather, and why I decided to do it in the cold is still beyond me to be honest. Throughout the interview I found that the words "sound in our music" to be a common theme to what they liked about their music, and I agree with that theme because their sound is very different then most bands I've heard nowadays so far. Theirs not a lot of music out there that has as many metaphors and off tempo lyrics that work as well as Prime's lyrics does. 
      As far as their individual genres, Kieren and Lee agreed with some punk, classic rock, glam rock, 60's and 70's rock, and The Beatles (early) to be on the lines of their genres. 
       Their Facebook music is highlighted with songs like Teen TV, Like The Weather, and Flatline. On their SoundCloud the songs Bye Bye (who's music video is coming out in early May), and In Summer sounds more like modern versions of their 80's band influences.
      Their upcoming songs, the band says, is going to have more of a different sounds, including genres like psychedelic. A new single will be coming out in the summer, and to say the least I am intrigued to hear it!
(Facebook)
Overview: ★★★★1/2
Bye Bye (YouTube): ★★★★1/2
 IOU: ★★★★☆
Teen TV: ★★★★☆

Like The Weather: ★★★★1/2
Flatline: ★★★★1/2
Silly Billy: ★★★★☆

          

Comments