Pixel Box [unedited]


Although the interview was so far my shortest interview I have had so far in my blogging career, I enjoyed talking to Pixel Box. As a band they seem to be taking this by stride, and sort of taking it easy and not rushing themselves to do anything they aren't ready to do. This is probably how things happens with a band and that's the way things should be.
   The three men jamming out in each of their songs are; Vinnie Holmes playing the guitar, Rob McDonald with the bass, and Ollie Dixon on drums. The two band members I interviewed were Vinnie and Ollie, and they both said they grew up listening to music. They find their desired sound for each of song comes from listening to bands like Rage Against The Machine, but they say they are "very curious people" and like to combine all sort of distorted and electronic sounds. "A lot of our songs come from fooling around and seeing what works" Ollie says. 
      After making their first EP (Holophony) that was released last year, they are currently working on their next EP curation. They are almost done with it, and will hopefully be done with it within this year (hopefully in the summer). The new album is "a lot less heavier and more experimental than the last album was" they told me, with less rock elements then Holophony had. "The first EP was us finding our sound as a band, and those songs were in the early stages of the band. And the next album is what we want to be, and it's great... You can definitely hear that" Vinnie said. 
        When asked to assess they're accomplishments so far as a band they said, "It is getting that EP out, because I haven't been on a band that has released any sort of album ever" said Ollie. They have so far played little gigs around London, but very popular venues. Glitch Trippin and I Am ("the closest (song) we have to dubstep") are the favorite songs to play live, both of these songs will be on the upcoming EP. They are planning to play at trying to play at bigger venues after they come out with the EP #2 and attempt to get themselves out there to the music world. 
       I would like to thank Kehd Flowers again for showing me yet another band in the UK, and thank you to the Pixel Box for waiting for 30 minutes while I was stuck in traffic and spending the time to talk to me. I'm very excited for what's next!
Overview:★★★★☆
Holophony: ★★★★☆

'

Comments