Holly [unedited]

Holly
Holly (2017)
Facebook- Profile Picture
Interview & Review
       Due to the overwhelming amount of songs Holly has released over the years, I had to cut a good amount of them. Instead, I will be going over the tracks I have heard. We will start off with one of the first tracks he released in 2016 on Spotify, Coming Home by Modl and himself. Like most of Holly's songs, I find that there isn't a lot to analyze... There's not a lot of vocals, but a lot of hardcore dubstep and bass and electronic sounds. This is the same for Suicide Mission, which sounds like it could be a good song but the only problem with it is..... It has no plot, much less any vocals.
          While 2016 was less than what I expected, 2017 was slightly better. Holly showed more promise with vocals by releasing Til The End, which is my favorite song by him by far. It has an EDM-like plot to it, which means it's very simple and general. I honestly don't know what to say about Bloodclot, except that I have a tough time listening to it. In April 2017, Holly released a 7-track EP that was back to the same path he went down in 2016. Although I am not really crazy about instrumental tracks, I did enjoy the song Ghastly. I also enjoyed the catchy beat to Reaver that he released with Jaycen A'mour on August 2017. However, Plasticity sounds like other tracks, and I don't like Drama because I also don't like hip hop songs. Lastly for 2017, the December single called Chris Foley, gave me a headache.
        2018 was also the same for 2016, as being he barely had any lyrics in any of his songs which doesn't appeal to me or today's social/pop scene. Everydays, Vol 1. wasn't much of a volume, I didn't really get the point of having an instrumental track labeled as part of a so-called series. Ashley Leone brought a great voice to the track Galaxy, and I actually enjoyed this song. I loved the bass drop in I Need You, and again Holly featured a great vocalist in The Tech Thieves. It's nice to know Holly actually will release tracks like Til The End, I need You, and Galaxy from time-to-time. I didn't understand what was being said with Hamm Sammich. Crash was okay, but I feel like I heard this kind of song before..... Oh right, I did. 
     Thank you Holly, it was interesting to review your music. 
Til The End by Holly & Drivvin (2017)
Google Images

Overview: ★★★1/4☆
Crash: ★★★☆☆

I Need You: ★★★★1/4

Hamm Sammich: ★★1/2☆☆

Galaxy: ★★★★1/2

Everydays, Vol. 1: ★★★☆☆

Chris Foley: ★★1/4☆☆
Drama: ★★★☆☆
Plasticity: ★★★☆☆
Reaver: ★★★1/4☆
YAKAMOZ EP: ★★★1/2☆
Til The End: ★★★★★
Bloodclat: ★★★☆☆
Suicide Mission: ★★★1/2☆
Coming Home: ★★★1/2☆

Comments